Jill W

Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

LifeReview
Registered Member

Jill W

Post by LifeReview » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Suddenly, I was in a tube/tunnel. It seemed close inside, and I floated inside toward a bright light at the end of the tunnel. I remember looking for my legs, but didn't find them. About halfway through the tunnel, a review of my life's events occurred. It was like someone was flipping through a book -- all sorts of life events, big and small, good and bad -- and then I heard a voice say "Everything's all right."
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _w_nde.htm

[mishaframe710]http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _w_nde.htm[/mishaframe710]

CathyK
Registered Member

Re: Jill W

Post by CathyK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am

I'm hoping if I ever have a life review I'll get the same result!

But Judas had a life's purpose, 'a task to perform'. Had he agreed to betray Jesus before he came into this world?

And we are told that, 'Whatever you are doing is exactly what you should be doing'. So how can we go wrong? Unless we have agreed in advance to go against 'the rules' and behave badly.

Marguy
Administrator

Post by Marguy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Cathy

I had some reflections about Judas motives some time ago.
Asking myself various questions.
Why did he do it? Did he really want to betray Jesus, or did he want to try to get Jesus and the high priest together, so that they could talk together? Maybe he was betrayed by the high priest, telling him that no harm would come to Jesus?
If Judas wanted Jesus dead, why would he kill himself afterwards? Why did Jesus say to him : go and do what you want to do.? Could it be that Jesus had hope that maybe he could avoid his horrible death by agreeing to talk to the high priest, despite the knowledge that he must die?
Was Judas aware that he agreed to play this role before he was born?
Many questions that can go deeper than just judging him as an evil person. :D

CathyK
Registered Member

Post by CathyK » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Marguy
Yes, all that you say - and more.

My take on the story is:

During the Last Supper, when Jesus said to Judas, 'Go. Do what you have to do', Jesus knew that Judas was going to tell the Roman soldiers where to find Jesus after the Supper. Jesus had climbed the Mount of Olives and prayed while his disciples slept lower down the slope. In his prayer he asked God to, 'Take this cup from me. Thy will be done.' As pre-arranged, Judas led the posse and indicated Jesus by a kiss.

I don't think Judas wanted Jesus dead, per se, but he knew that the death of Jesus would earn him those 30 pieces of silver - and he cared more about the money than the life of Jesus. That was his motivation.

When he realised that his betrayal had cost Jesus his life, he was in a despair of shame & remorse, threw the silver on the ground and hung himself.

All of Christianity is based on Jesus' resurrection - from the Christian viewpoint, it proves his Divinity and is our Salvation - therefore Jesus had to die. Without Judas, he may have died of smallpox, snakebite, influenza, but would that be the same?

Jesus knew in advance that he would die of none of these. He knew he would be betrayed. Judas played an essential part in the unraveling of the plot and a way to view this, so that it is comprehensible, is that it was all pre-ordained.

When I was a small child I thought that we were all acting roles and that everyone knew the plot and the lines they needed to speak - except me - I just played along and tried to fit in. ;-)

dnix71
Registered Member

Post by dnix71 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Judas worked along side Jesus for 3 1/2 years. He knew he was Divine and probably figured that Jesus wouldn't allow the Romans to take Him. Peter didn't want Jesus to die either and thought he was doing Him a favor by telling Him so. "Get thee behind me Satan" was Jesus reply to that.

Remember the cartoon Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd? Elmer was always trying to kill Bugs and failing. In one episode Elmer finally does kill Buggs, then realizes that in killing Bugs he no longer has a reason to exist. "Oh my God, what have I done? Fudd laments"

Bugs comes back from the dead and the two start fighting all over again.

sunlionspirit
Registered Member

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:42 pm

CathyK wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am
I'm hoping if I ever have a life review I'll get the same result!

But Judas had a life's purpose, 'a task to perform'. Had he agreed to betray Jesus before he came into this world?

And we are told that, 'Whatever you are doing is exactly what you should be doing'. So how can we go wrong? Unless we have agreed in advance to go against 'the rules' and behave badly.
that is what I think also ! best answer to that kind of questioning .... ;-) ;-)
If I have to live this earthly life to experience what real suffering is, then I prefer to die to experience what real living is.

sunlionspirit
Registered Member

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Marguy wrote:
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm
Hi Cathy

I had some reflections about Judas motives some time ago.
Asking myself various questions.
Why did he do it? Did he really want to betray Jesus, or did he want to try to get Jesus and the high priest together, so that they could talk together? Maybe he was betrayed by the high priest, telling him that no harm would come to Jesus?
If Judas wanted Jesus dead, why would he kill himself afterwards? Why did Jesus say to him : go and do what you want to do.? Could it be that Jesus had hope that maybe he could avoid his horrible death by agreeing to talk to the high priest, despite the knowledge that he must die?
Was Judas aware that he agreed to play this role before he was born?
Many questions that can go deeper than just judging him as an evil person. :D
it is said in the apocryphs that in fact Judas had a deal with Jesus, decided with Jesus before his birth and in full complete free will !!! ( because that is the most important thing that we get from our Creator Christ is the TOTAL FREE WILL !!! ) that he would be the "instrument" for the accomplishment of Jesus free WILL to save humanity with His death and resurection. When Jesus said to Judas "do what you have to do" then He did remember to Judas the deal he had with Jesus and had to accomplish for the outcome.
Of course this betraying is a very cruel act for a human being and so as a human being he could not accept it anyway .... even if he decided that for him before coming to earth .... for him to be doing ....
Everything in life is OUR decision with OUR free will, always ! the only fact we come here is also our free will.
Remorse is a feeling/emotion some want to experience also ..... who knows in fact ....
If I have to live this earthly life to experience what real suffering is, then I prefer to die to experience what real living is.