One Look Dictionary

LifeReview

Re: One of the best I have seen

Post by LifeReview » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:15 am

Cool! Can't wait to watch this!

Jem7

Post by Jem7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

I think the first half of this is totally awesome, especially where he talks about 'I am" and being psychic, etc. In the later half, where he talks no good and no evil, he kind of losses me. It seems to me that we are here to learn how to love, which means that doing unloving or selfish mean things is approximately bad/evil/undesirable/etc. Perhaps he went only so deep unto the unmanifested, but didn't reach the realms where he would have understood love and the Light's compassion more fully.

yemullin

Post by yemullin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 am

Rich Kelley? "Lifes a stage Play". FANTASTIC youtube perspective of an nde!

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Interesting perspective.

I've heard other NDErs describe this life as an illusion with another person adding that it only exists in God's mind.

Thinking about these concepts can drive you crazy if you let them. Ugh.

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 am

Definitely very good. The question of responsibility for one's deeds in this life is left hanging though.
As I understand his perspective it means we never suffer the consequences of evil deeds. Sounds tricky to me.

It all may well be a stage play but I think that, however profound it sounds, that is still just scratching the surface of what this life really means.

Anne Frankly, I don't see Hitler dancing with his victims to the tune of heavenly choirs. I think what we do here truly forms (or deforms) our spirits in the reality behind this stage play. There have to be consequences, its not just a celestial reality show like "The Truman Show". There's an important reason we are here doing what we do and experiencing life. I can't believe its just for fun. That sounds like a hollow and empty answer to me. What we do here counts. Otherwise those high school killers are just having fun and their victims signed up for what 'fun'? Nope, that can't be it, my gut tells me so and I'm sticking with it.

KenL

Post by KenL » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:41 am

Dennis, I think the analogy of God being the trunk of a tree speaks the most to me. We are the leaves that grow at the end of the branches. I've been trying to clarify my thoughts on the purpose of life for a while now, and that analogy makes the most sense.

Our purpose is to grow and live. We are part of the greater scheme of life. Our existence is much like the function of a living leaf that collects nutrients to help the tree grow and live. Our experience, the way we love and help one another, is the way we contribute to the greater health of the life force that is God. We are not separate from God, we are part of God. To develop our ability to love is the key to life.

My heart feels like it's going to explode!

I too have tried to explain the separation I often feel toward life here on Earth, and there have been those who have rejected my words for sounding calloused and uncaring. Now I can describe our purpose more clearly with the tree and leaf analogy. We are more of a spiritual being than we recognize.

I know the guy in the video sounds stark, and perhaps a bit dramatic, but his message was very familiar to me. I understood everything he said.

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:30 am

Hi Ken, I agree about the tree analogy; its very good, probably the best. Its very much as it says in "A Course in Miracles" that God extends himself but no part can ever be split off, God just keeps on extending. Being separate is an illusion.
Even so, I am convinced that there are consequences of evil deeds on earth.
Perhaps its only that I see real value in being a bright green leaf instead of a charred and marked one. So maybe this Tree never sheds its leaves, then I see value in being a bright sap-filled leaf contributing to the health of the whole, as opposed to being a dried up and wasted away leaf through bad choices of my own.
That's kind of what I was missing from the video, but then in the same analogy.

Dennis

Change out love for "sap" and the analogy holds:
(From one of my favorite songs: Bellamy Brothers, "Let your love flow")

Just let your love flow like a mountain stream
And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams
And let your love show and you'll know what I mean
It's the season.

Let your love fly like a bird on a wing
And let your love bind you to all livin' things
And let your love shine and you'll know what I mean
That's the reason.

yemullin

Post by yemullin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:14 am

Ok, I am up at 4 am and happen to check on this almost a year after my original post!? What are the freaking odds!? I didn't even remember posting on this! Just decided to check in on the community board and happened to read this and saw I posted! Now I have to go back and watch the youtube video to remember exactly... That all being said... I think we want things to make sense here in the physical world with the spiritual world or the other dimension, heaven ect. (Whatever you want to call it, for your best understanding) Here, we always want consequences, or life doesn't seem fair. ( Boy things better be fair! ) That is a very "earthly" reality. What if there were no consequences for our actions. ( I bet you can't get your head around that one!) Wouldn't that be about as other worldly as we could get? Meaning. Earth, or life on it is not the same as in the other realms, heaven, ect. In reality we are loved truly without condition. (being part of the godhead/tree) that is a higher being. Here we want to punish if we are not happy with a behavior, so is heaven a reflection of earth? or vice versa? I wish I could just put my thoughts into your head, like some of the nders say happen when they are there. No mistaking what I mean. Maybe we are here to make humanity better. ( for whatever reason?) But it doesn't mean that better means that "not better" is evil, it just hasn't evolved yet. Or a child has to learn all things here. And unfortunetly he learns many things incorrectly (not perfect as in heaven, so to speak) Because he can only learn what has been passed down to him from previous people, humans. ( not perfect yet ) Sorry if this is hard to make sense of. I really do have trouble getting my thoughs out.

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 am

Yermullin, I wasn't talking about "fair' just "meaningful". If deeds have no consequences they are by definition inconsequential, but that also means they are meaningless. My problem is with "meaninglessness"! The issue of justice is much more complicated.

For example: many NDE accounts come with a warning about not committing suicide. If our deeds have no consequences then suicide should make no difference. Why then the many warnings against suicide from the other side? The theme from M.A.S.H. comes to mind...

I do understand what you are trying to say about "not better" not equating to evil. I believe that ties in with Jesus' teaching to not judge others. The term "Less evolved" is still laden with judgement but that's a human language shortcoming I think. That being said I believe that our actions (love, or lack of it) have parallel consequences for our spiritual growth, and our evolution as a species on Earth.

KenL

Post by KenL » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 am

Dennis, perhaps this thread has reached the usual conclusion: When we all focus more on Love there will be less crime and injustice...it will go away. I know that God is the ultimate judge, so I push my personal recognition of hurts to him, and I trust. I'm certain that humanity has the ability move mountains with God's power. If we eliminated all distractions from our spiritual selves at the same time, and we channeled our focus together, we could heal the world.

RichKelley

Post by RichKelley » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:55 pm

There seems to be a lot of controversy about my assertion that there is no universal good or evil. For those who seem to have a difficult time grasping the concept please let me elucidate. I was speaking of the perspective from "home" (as I prefer to call it), or "source" or "heaven" as other may call it. From THAT perspective there is no good nor evil. If that seems beyond your comprehension, consider that, in THAT realm, you are pure spirit and require no food, shelter, water, air, and you cannot be harmed in any way. So, in that environment there is no evil.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:45 am

Rich,

Thanks a million for coming on here to clear that up. I understand what you mean now.
I had thought about asking you to clear it up myself but I guess someone beat me to it ;-) I'm very glad they did.
Do you realize you have an amazing gift for explaining this stuff! That video has to be the best explanation I have seen online.

Regards,
Dennis

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 pm

For me, one of the most intriguing aspects of NDEs are how some experiencers realize that they had ALREADY known much of what they learned after dying, such as the meaning of life, that they agreed to be born, etc. And that it is only during their NDE that they recall this. As Rich Kelley suggested, it seems that memories from our previous lives get erased when we become incarnate.

Another NDE'r -- Jayne Smith--echoed this point. When learning the meaning of life, etc during her NDE, she sort of slapped herself on the forehead and said "I realized that I had already known this. How could I have forgotten it?!"

RichKelley

Post by RichKelley » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Dennis,

Thank you so much for being SO GRACIOUS. I open the invitation to you as well as anyone on this site to call me, (RichKelley1) on Skype or email me your number and time to call (Rich@RichKelley.com) I do enjoy talking to those who are interested. Please know that I do not claim to have absolute knowledge. I do remember well the experience that I had and I am forthright about it, and I have concluded many of "my truths" from that. However, I am also aware that many "truths" are simply created and accepted by each individual, (music is the most important thing in the world, or art is, or drag racing if you are so inclined) and some things may actually be true for all of us, (like maybe we are all spirit beings, or offspring of Mr. Potato head), that sort of thing. I don't claim to "know beyond any possible doubt" which these things are. So, I will claim them as "my truths". For anyone who is interested in discovering more of their own truths and willing to consider my input I am happy to share what I have. I have set my criteria for what I accept as "my truths" to be the things that best explain the things that I see, feel, and sense around me. If they explain those things, then I am willing to accept them as true. For example, I find it impossible to accept that a kind and loving "god" would create the amount of suffering and pain that I witness on this planet, it tears my heart out to think of it. However, if I ASSUME that this place is working just the way it is intended to, (as in the poem Dediderata: perhaps the universe is unfolding as it should) I feel a rush of such wonderful bliss. It was apparent to me while I was "on the other side" that this world is NOT IN FACT REAL. It is our infinite consciousness having a physical EXPERIENCE of our own creation. Each one creating their own experience, and collectively co-creating our collective experience. If that is true, then I don't need to require justice here, but rather, know that none is required. Enjoy the experience, whatever your's may be. I don't expect you (or anyone) to accept this as "their truth", but I hope that you will enjoy contemplating the possibilities or that if you DO accept it as "your truth" that it brings you the joy I have lived here. In either case, I am delighted to have crossed paths with you and would love to write, talk, or meet, more. Be well, my friend.

RichKelley

Post by RichKelley » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Stevie Ray,
Yes, I too had that experience "on the other side". I have described it as, (even though I had no physical form), that it was like I kept slapping my forehead and thinking, "of course, yes, I remember". Thanks for a great comment, it took me back there again, wonderful.

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:41 am

Rich,

Here is Jayne Smith's NDE that I mentioned before. If you move the video ahead to about the 22:00 mark, she talks about how she asked one of the beings she met some questions (about sins and total knowledge) and then realized she already knew the answers, but had forgotten them. Her story is one of my favorites. If you get a a chance, watch the whole thing. Also, it was shot in the 80s, so it seems a bit dated. Nonetheless, it's pretty riveting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WvcxH ... 5CTnK4vylH