Possible Past Lives?

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Bjursten

Possible Past Lives?

Post by Bjursten » Wed May 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi All,

This is something that I typically would have dismissed as false and fake years ago. However after my NDE I've come to see that all things are possible to a degree, and that the existence we have here on earth is extremely limited in comparison to what can be done, felt, experienced, and achieved on "the other side."

After my NDE, I occasionally have "flash-back" like memories to what I would consider better times.

For example, I was walking in the woods with my wife recently when I was suddenly struck with a memory-like internal imagery of having lived as a nomad traveling the woods in a more open and loving society perhaps thousands of years ago. It was really weird because it felt like a memory and not at all like daydreaming.

Does anyone else get these strange moments? Perhaps it's just a trick of the mind confusing it as a memory when it was actually a daydream?

Martina

Re: Possible Past Lives?

Post by Martina » Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes I have had such an experience, but mine was very sad. During a meditation I was flooded by images and feelings. I was standing in the middle of a small village of primitive huts, maybe it was in Africa. They were all burnt to the ground and everyone was dead, my whole family, my whole tribe, the animals ... I was crying, devastated. I don't know why and how I had escaped the carnage.

It was not a daydream, as there was no active input from myself. These images and feelings just flooded me (it's the best word I can come up with), and overwhelmed me.

I had a few other such moments but not in as much detail, more vague. Like, I believe I once was stoned to death because I spoke the truth, which was not appreciated. This would tie in with what an astrologer once told me - that I used to be a revolutionist and have come into this life to learn a more soft and moderate approach.

It might be that because of such painful experiences in my previous lives I'm now very careful and mistrusting, and tend to be a recluse. I speak openly only to people who I feel can accept it and then too, I try to be gentle rather than blunt, so my words don't hurt.

Your flashback is beautiful :) Have you explored it any further?

Bjursten

Re: Possible Past Lives?

Post by Bjursten » Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 pm

No I have not explored it further, but I wish too. However I don't think I'll exactly be able to do so on my own watch, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what else might come of it.

It was indeed very nice. It coincided with a feeling of peace I was already experience on the walk, which was lovely. :)