Personal convictions and beliefs

On this page, we suggest themes towards which to direct your meditations, prayers or positive thoughts: a great theme for the year (such as love, peace, etc.) and a monthly theme concerning environmental events.

Readers can ask for healing/positive thoughts to be directed to themselves or to somebody else.
Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Personal convictions and beliefs

Post by Sylvie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:58 am

I would like to bring you some clarifications in relation to my personal convictions and beliefs. I was raised in the Catholic religion. I was a child when I noticed that the adults who went to church seemed to forget the good words they had heard on Sunday. When I lived my NDE I was in the light and they taught me LOVE, RESPECT for all living beings, for the universe and Nature. I cultivate this love and respect every day. My friends come from all countries, cultures and religions. I do not adhere to any religion because today as before
Whatever the religion: Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or other, men and women are killing in the name of their religion while all of them speak of LOVE. when I was in the light the beings of light told me that they were very ancient entities, they are the same guides for all human beings, whatever their name may be. This is the reason why I have launched this forum for healing , and group of prayer that welcomes all good wills, whatever their origin, culture, belief, religion.❤️🙂🌸

gravitonring
Administrator

Re: Personal convictions and beliefs

Post by gravitonring » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Sylvie, you have profoundly changed many of my mistaken convictions and beliefs within the past few days !!

Specifically, as you described, my belief about the prevalence of abuse and neglect has been changed forever...

All over the world, there's a violent crime reported every 12 seconds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3969807/ The one percent of the population accountable for 63 percent of all violent crime convictions. NIH Study.

I now realize my mistake in the past about the possible number of people who commit crimes !! I failed to understand that while 100 million humans have been CONVICTED of extreme criminal behavior, it is estimated that half of all crimes are never reported, half reported are never solved, half solved never find the perpetrators nor convict anyone. Sadly, this could mean that as many as one out every ten people might be committing extreme criminal abuse or neglect !! My idea about this is that humans have abused alcohol and other mind-altering drugs for tens of thousands of years and that has damaged our genetic heritage.
My blog about near death and after death stuff ..
My Blog

My audio podcasts have moved to
My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

ALL my podcasts are free :)

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:18 am

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/rehab-guide/addiction-and-violence Drugs and Violent Behavior.

QUOTE '... The correlation between substance abuse and violent behavior has been well documented. For example, the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment noted that more than 75 percent of people who begin treatment for drug addiction report having performed various acts of violence, including (but not limited to) mugging, physical assault, and using a weapon to attack another person...'
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:24 am

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-pursuit-peace/201801/when-religion-promotes-violence

When Religion Promotes Violence, Research suggests some reasons why, and points to strategies for peace.
Posted Jan 31, 2018
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 am

Research has also shown that most alcoholics were abused as children, not all children who were abused replicate this behaviour, one part of them self-punished and the other part reproduced and subjected others to what they had experienced. What I am talking about is only a tiny part of the subject of course, but it shows how destructive it is, because it is a vicious circle... a psychologist, psychiatrist Alice Miller has advanced research through her work on what she called "black pedagogy". If one day you can read one of his books and especially the one entitled "The Body Never Lies - The Lingering Effects of Hurtful Parentin » ( found it on Amazon)🌸

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:34 am

https://www.alice-miller.com/en/the-body-never-lies-2/

This looks like her own web site ??

https://www.alice-miller.com/en/excerpt/
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am

in French https://www.alice-miller.com/
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 am

Sylvie, I really love this topic !! It speaks to so many of my childhood dreams which were mainly to solve the problem of hate preaching by nearly every splintered pseudo-religious group in my neighborhood. In the mid 1940s here in my little home town, there was a religious structure of some kind on every street corner, almost all of which spewed the most disgusting hatred for the other religious entities in town or on earth !! The worst which I will not mention LOUDLY preached by open doors and loud speakers, just a few hundred meters from my home, the most blatant foments of violence against anyone or any group that did not believe in their insane ideas of religion.

Thankfully the mayor soon banned them from the city and they simply moved a few miles away and kept up their psychopathic advocation of violent acts in the name of God ??
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:48 am

My personal thoughts about these ideas and events are partly affected by knowing many of the people whose lives were touched by the splintered groups of believers. This included family and very close friends, many of whom had a violent or mentally ill parent who abused them :(
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

It seemed to me that these abused people had so much chaos in their personal lives that they desperately needed some type of dogmatic belief just to make some sense out of their terrible pain ??
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:02 am

One of my close family members suffered from the paranoid schizophrenia of her mother in childhood. Her mother suffered as well since their was very little help for people with any type of personal problem in the 1940s and 50s here. My cousin is now a well respected speaker in a very tolerant and intelligent collection of bible believers :)
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 am

:Yes Anthony this is her website , she is dead in 2010 but her colleagues are still working and published on this website in English /Spanish/Deutsch and Franch

Child Mistreatment, Child Abuse

What is it?

Humiliations, spankings and beatings, slaps in the face, betrayal, sexual exploitation, derision, neglect, etc. are all forms of mistreatment, because they injure the integrity and dignity of a child, even if their consequences are not visible right away. However, as adults, most abused children will suffer, and let others suffer, from these injuries. This dynamic of violence can deform some victims into hangmen who take revenge even on whole nations and become willing executors to dictators as unutterably appalling as Hitler and other cruel leaders. Beaten children very early on assimilate the violence they endured, which they may glorify and apply later as parents, in believing that they deserved the punishment and were beaten out of love. They don’t know that the only reason for the punishments they have ( or in retrospect, had) to endure is the fact that their parents themselves endured and learned violence without being able to question it. Later, the adults, once abused children, beat their own children and often feel grateful to their parents who mistreated them when they were small and defenseless.

This is why society’s ignorance remains so immovable and parents continue to produce severe pain and destructivity – in all “good will”, in every generation. Most people tolerate this blindly because the origins of human violence in childhood have been and are still being ignored worldwide. Almost all small children are smacked during the first three years of life when they begin to walk and to touch objects which may not be touched. This happens at exactly the time when the human brain builds up its structure and should thus learn kindness, truthfulness, and love but never, never cruelty and lies. Fortunately, there are many mistreated children who find “helping witnesses” and can feel loved by them.
I appreciate a lot your posts they are always very interesting and full of comprehension and tolerance

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 am

Sylvie, we all are indeed witnesses and even experiencers of these terrifying conditions.

My parents were very aware of these problems so my sister and I are thankful about that!
Hundreds of people, because of pain in their lives, felt that my parents were their parents.

My parents, of course, were unable to prevent others from causing pain for my sister and me.
My sister has been much better than me at continuing to be loving and compassionate to all.

I am sad to say that the pain which I experienced from others caused many years of my anger.
It took me a long time to understand that my anger was only destroying my own peacefulness :(
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 am

But you’ve changed 🌸🙂

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks to people who care about my wellness :)
Sylvie, Giulia, Garry :) and all of my efriends :)
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri May 03, 2019 8:43 am

OH MY GOD when the student is ready then the teacher will show up :)

6 Simple Tools For Responding to A Negative Person

My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am

Sorry Sylvie, I removed the negative news items :(

I will follow you and Karen Salmonsohn instead :)
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 am

And thank you for sharing I’m learning a lot thanks to you 🌸

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Tue May 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Sylvie, the news story I had posted confirmed your idea that as many as one in ten people in intimate relationships are threatened by their partners !!

Sorry the story went into a very insane online commentary and bizarre attacks between the people involved, so I felt it had to be removed due to extremely abusive language.
My Blog

My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.