Struggling With New Sense of Purpose

If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
Bjursten

Struggling With New Sense of Purpose

Post by Bjursten » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:56 am

Hey All,

So I had my NDE in March 2017 this year, and I have been plagued by a relentless storm of thoughts telling me that I basically am not doing what I need to be doing... That I can't keep sitting here in my office as a software engineer and ignore the love that I saw and accepted in my NDE.

Simply put, in my NDE I saw something so special, so full of unconditional love without exception, and was told a truth by the The Light: "Everything is made of love, love is the answer to everything, and we are here to love" that I cannot shake that I need to change everything about my life. I'm like, tired of being an ordinary person. I'm just done with it. I hate that 90% of people (including me) are literally just coasting through life sitting at their 9-5 only to come home and spend their ill-gotten money on crap, that's literally just crap!

The hardest part though; is when I tell my family or friends that I just NEED to change jobs, that I NEED to do these things, to spread love, to become an aid worker, etc. They look at me like I'm crazy. They simply don't believe me when I tell them that the ultimate truth is that we should be living our lives in the name of love, not living to work, not living to earn more money, not living to buy a house. Those things are simply just that - things. You can't take your money with you when you die.

I feel like I'm going to explode because I just need to do this. Every cell in my body is screaming at me that I need to change careers, I need to become the aid worker I envisioned myself being as a child, and that I need to always "stand on the side of love" that I can't ignore the plight of those who are sick, in danger, or hurting. Their pain screams out for love, and I can't ignore it anymore. Not after what I saw, not after the truth given to me by The Light.

MysterySeeker

Re: Struggling With New Sense of Purpose

Post by MysterySeeker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:27 am

Hi Bjursten,

I can see that your overwhelmed and anxious to make changes in your career, but try not to let your urges over-take you.

Wanting to love people more, is a good thing. But you need to take your journey, one step at a time. That means, do NOT quit your job in the near future.

You need to plot out exactly what you want to do next. If you’re not sure, perhaps volunteer in the city where you live to do the kinds of things you feel you want to do, to love people more. And while your doing that, sort out your feelings more, and try to get what you feel lined up with realistic career goals.

You might find it beneficial to talk to a counselor about what your feeling and thinking, in an effort to gain some perspective on all of this, and make realistic next steps that do not leave you unemployed.

Are there ways that you can use your current job skills to love people, by perhaps teaching something from your job skills to those less fortunate? You may be able to do that in the community near you, or perhaps over the internet to people further away.

There are many ways to love people and help them. You just needs to find the ways that work best for you without you ending up unemployed or struggling financially.

If you don’t want to buy crap anymore, then stop. There’s no law saying you can’t change your financial lifestyle and save more money for anything you wish. Like paying for education that you might use in your quest to love people more. Or saving up money for living expenses, while you give of yourself somewhere. Or saving up money to donate. To make changes in your life, you could adopt a minimalist lifestyle, and save your money.

So don’t quit your job yet. Life is a journey. Your intense feelings will settle down eventually. Your goal should be to make long-term plans to accomplish the goals you want, in a realistic manner.

Do not take being employed for granted, as there are many people in the world who would have love to have stable employment but cannot get it. Use your employment-blessing from the Light to lead to the next steps in your journey.

Prayer and meditation involving the Light, should help you with these goals. I doubt that the Light would tell you to quit your job while you don’t have a sense of specific direction, and perhaps not a large enough savings account to help you achieve your goals.

I hope this helps. :)

God Bless

Mystery Seeker

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:31 am

Bjursten wrote:Hey All,

So I had my NDE in March 2017 this year, and I have been plagued by a relentless storm of thoughts telling me that I basically am not doing what I need to be doing...
Have you posted your NDE as I would like to read it
That I can't keep sitting here in my office as a software engineer and ignore the love that I saw and accepted in my NDE.
If you are interested I have something you could do to help the Forum. It may be way below your pay grade but at least you would be using your talents to help others. Message me if you're curious!

Simply put, in my NDE I saw something so special, so full of unconditional love without exception, and was told a truth by the The Light: "Everything is made of love, love is the answer to everything, and we are here to love" that I cannot shake that I need to change everything about my life. I'm like, tired of being an ordinary person. I'm just done with it. I hate that 90% of people (including me) are literally just coasting through life sitting at their 9-5 only to come home and spend their ill-gotten money on crap, that's literally just crap!

The hardest part though; is when I tell my family or friends that I just NEED to change jobs, that I NEED to do these things, to spread love, to become an aid worker, etc. They look at me like I'm crazy. They simply don't believe me when I tell them that the ultimate truth is that we should be living our lives in the name of love, not living to work, not living to earn more money, not living to buy a house. Those things are simply just that - things. You can't take your money with you when you die.
I so understand the "Crap" thing. we have just sold our house and are moving to a rented house as I am just so sick and tired of working to keep paying for a house that is 4 times the size that 2 of us need

I feel like I'm going to explode because I just need to do this. Every cell in my body is screaming at me that I need to change careers, I need to become the aid worker I envisioned myself being as a child, and that I need to always "stand on the side of love" that I can't ignore the plight of those who are sick, in danger, or hurting. Their pain screams out for love, and I can't ignore it anymore. Not after what I saw, not after the truth given to me by The Light.
I remember thinking I would become a missionary some day when I was at church and maybe this is what I was meant to do. Keep this forum running for people such as yourself to have a place to vent.

Who Knows ???? what life will bring.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:30 pm

B.
I completely understand and relate to everything you have said. I remember the intensity of feeling as if no one 'gets it'. (That never goes away completely).
But, eventually I realized that I was sent back here to live for a reason. And, I needed to find a way to live in the confines of this place and still be productive. I learned little encounters with others can often be sharing that love; what I might have perceived as a nothing encounter was often to someone else very important.
Becoming a needy person yourself will not help anyone. Please allow yourself time to re-acclimate to this place, it takes time.