Still afraid to speak up

Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
ArleneAlexandre

Still afraid to speak up

Post by ArleneAlexandre » Tue May 07, 2019 11:28 am

Hello to all the NDE Survivors;
I am still at the "fear" stage of speaking up or openly. My experience was over 7 months ago.... How do you get past this stage? I have touched base with my husband on the subject but it felt and still feels awkward. I started the conversation with a very close friend of mine but she missed the Whatsapp and I took it as a sign not to speak about it. I then brought it up once more but only asking if she believes in it.... she said she does but I didn't take it further and just said when I am ready we can talk.... All advice welcome... breaking into a sweat just typing this.

gravitonring
Administrator

Re: Still afraid to speak up

Post by gravitonring » Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Arlene, thank you for trusting us :) My NDE was 73 years ago, so I cannot remember much about how I felt nor even anything before my NDE and for a few months after.

I had to look at some research to decide what might help you. The first idea I had is to decide for yourself exactly what might you have a fear of happening if you do speak openly about your experience?

Your description of sweating reminded me of a professor whose course I took in the late 1970s. He would sweat so much in class that his shirt would look like he had fallen into a swimming pool after class!

Right now I am afraid that the other women here are going to be very upset with me for telling you about research instead of directly answering your question about having fear of being open :)

Near-death experiences: clinical implications

'...Although NDErs sometimes feel distress if the NDE conflicts with their previously held beliefs and attitudes, the emphasis in the popular media on the positive benefits of NDEs inhibits those who are having problems from seeking help. Sometimes people who have had NDEs may doubt their sanity, yet they are often afraid of rejection or ridicule if they discuss this fear with friends or professionals. Sometimes, NDErs do receive negative reactions from professionals when they describe their experiences, which discourages them even further from seeking help in understanding the experience (Greyson, 1997a; Greyson and Harris, 1987)...'

'...Because many of their new attitudes and beliefs are so different from those around them, NDErs can overcome the worry that they are somehow abnormal only by redefining for themselves what is normal. NDErs may feel a sense of distance or separation from people who have not had similar experiences and may fear being ridiculed or rejected by others ... sometimes, of course, with good reason. Difficulty reconciling the new attitudes and beliefs with the expectations of family and friends can interfere with maintaining old roles and lifestyle, which no longer have the same meaning. NDErs may find it impossible to communicate to others the meaning and impact of the NDE on their lives. Frequently, having experienced a sense of unconditional love in the NDE, the experiencer cannot accept the conditions and limitations of human relationships (Greyson, 1997a; Greyson and Harris, 1987)...'
My blog about near death and after death stuff ..
My Blog

My audio podcasts have moved to
My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

ALL my podcasts are free :)

ZenTzu
Registered Member

Post by ZenTzu » Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 pm

A very warm welcome to you Arlene. If and when you are ready we here are happy to listen. There is nothing to fear :D
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Wed May 08, 2019 1:48 am

Welcome, Arlene ❤️

I’d love to read an account of your NDE. I look forward to, but please feel under no pressure about it.

You could start a topic in the Share Your Story section, and that would become your own special space to share.

And you can take a look around and read about other people’s stories. I still feel very uneasy about sharing OBES. I think to myself “If I had a near-death experience” I’d want to tell everyone. Being in what I deem the second part of my life, I feel it is my responsibility to share as many first-hand experiences about life after death.

Please make yourself comfortable and, if in doubt about anything, just ask. 😊
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Wed May 08, 2019 2:48 am

my story about my story :)

https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1anthony_c_probable_nde.html my probable NDE

my certain after death communication :)
https://www.adcrf.org/anthony_c_adc.htm
My blog about near death and after death stuff ..
My Blog

My audio podcasts have moved to
My Audio Podcasts
My personal site
My NDERF LINKS web page.

ALL my podcasts are free :)