What is heaven like?

jacobsings

What is heaven like?

Post by jacobsings » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:51 am

I'm a very spiritual person. I'm just wondering, how wonderful is heaven, really? What will I experience when my time comes?

bfoster5705

Re: What is heaven like?

Post by bfoster5705 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Jacob,

I have an article on what Heaven is like according to Spiritism:

Abstract

Everyone wants to know what Heaven is like. Spiritism was brought to us so you would know. The answers are in Allan Kardec’s The Spirits Book and in books psychographed by Francisco C. Xavier. This article will explain Heaven and its different levels and what spirits do there. Hint: It’s not eternal leisure.

Here is the link to the full article: http://nwspiritism.com/nde-spiritism/wh ... aven-like/

jacobsings

Post by jacobsings » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 pm

So basically from what I understand, we will still have jobs to do but still do things we enjoy. It's a lot like Earth only better and more exciting, and we keep progressing to hire levels of heaven. Does that sound right?

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Jacob,

I would also like to know what's heaven like. So far the only answers I get is from reading NDE's. The heaven spiritism describes is quite atractive to me, but who knows exactly what is the answer? We only will know when our time comes.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:11 pm

We are not supposed to know

Faith in your belief that it is better is all we have

And that is all that was ever asked of us .... To have faith

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

jacobsings

Post by jacobsings » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:21 am

I think I have a pretty good idea, but thanks.

sas

Post by sas » Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 pm

jacobsings wrote:I'm a very spiritual person. I'm just wondering, how wonderful is heaven, really? What will I experience when my time comes?
I have visited heaven twice first at the lowest level, namely the darkness and secondly at the highest level and I call it as the city of light (kingdom of heaven). In the darkness as the name implies, the place is very dark but you can see whoever in there, imagine that you are standing in the dark and using a night vision infrared binoculars.
Beings in there are busy with their respective affairs, they are confused why they should be there and they also do not know what to do. The darkness is very creepy and i had to escape from there as fast as i can.
The city of light is very beautiful made of light and crystal and I had an opportunity wandering in there. The scenery, the houses, and the buildings there are so beautiful like never seen on Earth. Every being in there loves me and asked me what they could do to help me.
Every human being living in the world today is expected to return to the city of light. Believe in yourself that after death you will enter into the city of light and you will be there.

Bjursten

Post by Bjursten » Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

From my own personal experience, all I can say is that my NDE was just awesome, and if heaven is anything like my NDE (which I believe it is) then I'm more than pleased with what's to come after death. It really was just the most amazing and beautiful and loving experience. It was, as I tell everyone, 999,999,999 times better than anyone had ever described to me, and 999,999,999 times better than what I thought it was going to be like personally.

In fact, I catch myself at times thinking "man I can't wait to get there". This does not mean I am suicidal, sad, or depressed. I am more than happy and full of joy! :) :A :D But yeah Earth is very bland compared to what's out there haha. Not that Earth isn't awesome, but it's also just a speck on a speck in a speck of the universe. It just doesn't compare to the possibilities available after death.

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 am

Jacob,
"My father's house has many mansions", scale that up to the level of universes and you might get an idea why that question is so darn hard to answer.
I believe that souls automatically "gravitate" to like minded souls. Searching inside yourself and inspecting your inner being will reveal a lot about where you would feel most at home.
For instance someone who is constantly judging and critical will be attracted to like minded others. Another who is open and loving will find herself among other like minded individuals. Yet another who is focussed only on their own business will tend to find themselves in a comparable landscape.
That being said, there appears to be a lot more to it than any hard and fast rule. There's so much going on we don't and can't understand yet, it would literally 'blow our minds'.

Rey

Post by Rey » Wed May 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Perhaps a way to look at this question is to step back and consider it in a more general way.

Stepping back, one sees that there are so many different individual personal points of view and experiences derived from "life" that maybe another way to view things is that one is (so to speak) already "there" (here?).

In other words, there are many domains (mansions) and you are a conscious entity residing in one, this particular one being called "an earth life while in human form".

That is, from somewhere we arrive here, experience a bunch of stuff (and hopefully change in some way based on proclivities, limited free will bounded by circumstance & chance then move on to somewhere else - other domains, perhaps in other forms) as part of continued conscious existence. That this is part of a developmental existence that might even be endless is suggestive by some NDE. Individuals who have left their bodies during an NDE end up at least temporarily having some portion of their consciousness entering some other or an adjacent realm that may just be more accidental and not really their formal "next stop." Hence, the "go back, it's not your time."

Anyways just a thought.

Step back and take a look at all the different experiences cited in the research below. To me, it is appearing suggestive that we may already be embedded in and part of the thing we are seeking.

http://www.near-death.com/science/research/heaven.html

==============================================================
"You are already That which You seek." - Ramana Maharshi

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 am

Rey, excellent answer. I like this view very much. It seems to fit best with the vast majority of the experiences I have read.