Best Music For Meditation?

LifeReview

Best Music For Meditation?

Post by LifeReview » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:24 pm

I would love to make a great list/database of spiritual music, if there are any volunteers...

LifeReview

BEAUTIFUL music!

Post by LifeReview » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Guys and gals, this music is so wonderful, I hope you like it

Meditation Of The Night
Benjy Wertheimer

Jem7

Re: Best Music For Meditation?

Post by Jem7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:17 pm

I like that song, but I don't know what the instruments are.

CathyK

Post by CathyK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:53 am

Other sounds which may be useful for meditation or relaxation, and which were popular maybe 20 years ago, were the natural sounds of waves on the shore, bird song, water sprinkling, etc.

Cathy

Jem7

Post by Jem7 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 am

Yeah, I think water waves wind would all be great. I live that stuff. Birds might distract me.

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 am

Music contains quotes from Alan Watts :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Watts

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:33 am

This is one of the powerful mantras ever: OM (AUM) chanting has a balancing effect on body and psyche, even if you can't really feel it.
I feel the energy (Prana/Chi) circulating very strongly when I listen to this.
OM sound effects first and most the first chakra and from there, the energy can flow to all directions (up your body and downwards your body at the same time)

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am

I love the sound of wind chimes :)

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 am

A wonderful prayer:
Om Gayatri Mantra:
here are the lyrics and more information about the cultural background and translation of the mantra:

http://www.magicofgayatri.com/pages/mag ... yatri.html

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 pm

This Mantra, RaMaDa sends love everywhere, a transcending energy that flows from heart to heart, soul to soul, from our world to other places and beyond dimensions, from the infinite smallest to the infinite biggest, infusing everything and "no-thing" with healing unconditional love...<3 <3 <3

When only certain Chakras are activated by mantras and sound, the energy increases which is actually wonderful, but after the session, when the chakra area can't get back to it's previous energy and activity level by itself, it is useful to decrease the energy level and the activity by chanting OM for a short time.

Some people want only to activate the "third eye" or other chakra, which is not doing themselves good, the energy gets there too much activated, and can't flow in the body and if it is very much, it can't flow toward the ground/earth.
I only know this, because I experience since eight years all chakras and know the effects of sound in the body and organs.

So, just to be on the safe side, I suggest to initiate and end Mantras with short three times OM chanting. That helps to let the energy circulate better and it doesn't get stuck (that leads for example to feel nervous and uncomfortable without having an explanation...)

CathyK

Post by CathyK » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Thank you for posting these Sunny! I found the OM sound of the first one very relaxing. I listened for a few minutes only, not 3+ hours. It could be so relaxing that I would almost certainly go to sleep in about 7 or 8 minutes. I felt the same about the RaMaDaSa. Both the OM sound and the RaMaDaSa are peaceful and calming.

I didn't feel the same about the birds and windchimes.

You said,
When only certain Chakras are activated by mantras and sound, the energy increases which is actually wonderful, but after the session, when the chakra area can't get back to it's previous energy and activity level by itself, it is useful to decrease the energy level and the activity by chanting OM for a short time.
and I can understand this completely.

I'm going to send these to my eldest daughter - I'm sure she will find them very absorbing too! Thanks again Sunny!

Cathy

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:41 pm

It's been awhile since I have beethen here.I have seen views of song topics Iv'e posted on " How Music Speaks to Me" It's sometimes difficult to choose songs to discuss I'd like to take requests. I will respond to any suggestions here in the forum "How Music Speaks to Me. Please keep requests to " Modern and Rock and Roll " Generes. Can't wait to hear some requests.
A few ideas are from groups like the Moody Blues, Eddie Money, The Who, Yes, Electric Light Orchastra, Richeous Brothers, Enya,Doobie Brothers,Styx,The Beatles,TheEagles, Carol King,Carylie Simon, PatBenatar,Stevie Nicks, Kansas and many many more so how about giving me some ideas?

Thanks Robert S